[Oe List ...] The completed life of Jim BIshop

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 07:46:45 PST 2024

Thanks, Barkers, for these words, especially, "Jim exhibited the necessary cussedness required to be heard."  Looking back, I often imagine a sort of rosy glow around our history, now, at a distance.  Cussedness was an important ingredient in that past.  There was lots of risk and lots of hard pushing and "things not fitting easily with one another . . . nevertheless . . . So thanks for all of this and for our reality as actual human beings and the efforts involved in gluing together our community long enough to make (some) difference for the church and for the world  . . . and for each other . . . and for the persons and communities and organizations touched.
Now here is a question -- As I recall Jim and Isobel  I have many images of stern looks on Jim's face, and being a bit at attention in his/their presence (though, Isobel, your presence always seemed more "gracious" . . )  I don't recall Jim ever being mean or bitter or angry -- maybe i missed that meeting??  That disciplined cussedness he maintained is a gift to remember!
Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com