[Oe List ...] Pastoral Notice: for the list serve with my thanks to you all for your support.

Isobel and Jim Bishop isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 16 23:16:53 PST 2024

Dear Jim and dear friends,

Thank you for this delightful treat, it  took me back to the Sunday afternoons in Cleveland,  Oh in 1960.

After Jim and I had spent our mornings at our congregation of St Philip the Evangelist Church ( where Jim was the Pastor);  in

our small store front Church on Homan ( I think the name of the street), we would sometimes attend one of the Pentecostal Black

Churches around the neighbourhood. This is where I first heard this song, which has had so much meaning for me, over the

years since. We would take our baby Rebecca, born in December 1960, and raised for her first year of life in the ghetto.

The congregation all wore white, the women dressed in white satin dresses, the men from memory, all dressed in white  cotton

suits.

Rich days of learning for Jim and me, especially.  This was the year that I was awakened to our own First Nations people and

their own story. Thank you.

Thank you for all your words of condolence; I am so grateful, though I am sad without Jim, I will walk my own lonesome valley,

and yet, I will meet friends along the pathway, Marilyn, Rhonda, Nancy, David, Jeanette, Linda and Jan and so very many

others. We will hug each other and sing our songs of joy and pain and hope.

Grace is yours and peace is yours.

Isobel xoxo

Isobel Bishop
isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au