[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Happy birthday, JWM!

Mari Crocker maricrocker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 14:55:10 PDT 2023

Rob, to your question of where JWM’s cremains reside, it is in a crematory crypt somewhere in Chicago.  His children would know the exact place.  I was present with others on the Panchayat and Centrum Priors when he died at high noon, while John Epps was delivering the closing address at the conclusion of the weekend of the Guardians Meeting.  Those of us present sang, under the direction of his brother, Bishop Jim, all the verses of “Those who Wait on the Lord.”  Joe lay in state that afternoon in Lyn and Joe’s quarters at Kemper while any and all Kemper residents, including our children, paid their respects.  That evening the Panchayat and Centrum Priors phoned colleagues around the world to inform them of Joe’s passing. If I recall correctly, David Morton and I accompanied Joe’s remains to the crematory, but I can’t be sure — “senior moments.”  His Celebration of Life was a powerful sending forth.

Grace and peace,  Marilyn