[Oe List ...] Celebrating the Completed Life of Sandra Lynne Rafos

sherwoodshankland at comcast.net sherwoodshankland at comcast.net
Sat Nov 18 01:02:27 PST 2023

Heard in 1968 around the Cleveland Region: “Oh yes, the Spirit Movement in Cleveland - you’ll find four families: Rafos, Gilles, Talbot, and Tippitt…” (among many others) These couples were the heart of the Cleveland Cadre, focused on Local Church Renewal. Bob and Sandra were a role model missional family – part of the team that became the ‘Cleveland RSI Machine’ – recruiting and teaching the Ecumenical Institute weekend courses during the 8-week teaching period each quarter. Bob and Jack were professional engineers who traveled back and forth to ‘Chicago Base’ - 3444 West Congress Parkway - for RS-1 Pedagogy Training to become First Teachers. They also modeled how to call in sick to my engineering job at GE on Friday mornings so we could all head off to RS-1 teaching assignments in Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland etc.

Bob and Sandra - running free now in pastures beyond the vail…Blessing all around.

Grace and Peace, Sherwood