[Oe List ...] Celebrating Mothers Day: Ancient Mother; Lakota Lullaby; Cradle Me

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Tue May 9 13:16:35 PDT 2023

Hi Folks,
Happy Mother's Day--Mother Earth and all our Mothers.

Three song videos to celebrate Mother's Day:1-Mother Earth: Ancient Mother/Robert Gass2-Lakota Lullaby/Joanna Malanos3-Cradle Me/Indiana Women's Chorus (done during COVID)
Ellie :)elliestock at aol.com

ANCIENT MOTHER ~ Robert Gass - YouTube

Ancient Mother, I hear you calling.Ancient Mother, I hear your song.

Lakota Lullaby -- Joanna Malanos - YouTube
>From Joanna Malanos:   The translation of this chant is a simple one: Good-hearted boy, go back to sleep. The night is good. This is the "chante waste hokshila, nake istima... hanhepi kin waste." The rest is melodic chanting to accompany the meaning of the song. To soothe the little boy back to sleep.

   When I was putting together this video, I wanted the beginning of it to honor the Lakota people with the images of Native Americans and their babies. In the next part, I wanted to make the point that we are all One Tribe, so I added photos of all people. We, as mothers, all lullaby our babies in the same way, with the same love and intent. I am a believer in the Rainbow Tribe -- One people with the same Creator -- Great Spirit. It moves me to find connection with all people through love.

Cradle Me - Remote Choir April 2020

Indianapolis Women's Chorus2.1K views 3

Cradle me, cradle meOh dear mother cradle meEarth and breath and sky and seaAll rise up and cradle me