[Oe List ...] In ’68 or ’69, I recall my excitement listening to the Latin American penetration report.

Ken Fisher kenfisher1942 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 06:34:43 PDT 2023

James,

In ’68 or ’69, I recall my excitement listening to the Latin American penetration report. I’m sure that you heard it too. Still on the West Side.

As I recall, the team included: Addingtons, Loudermilks, Barringers, Lela Jahn and Jim Campbell.

Both Lela and Jim had been LA missionaries before joining O:E.

It was the process and content of the reporting that was so captivating.

No travelogue. Using the art form method, it was a constant foray to the profound. e.g. mestizo culture. We took the entire morning.

From that point on, I wanted to find ‘the profound’ in any trip I was making - especially to another culture.

Here we are, 55 years later.

Ken