[Oe List ...] Murphy-Blair / St. Louis Town Halls

Jessica Payne jessica.r.payne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:25:15 PDT 2023

Hello All -

I’m Jessica Payne, the current Vice Chair of the ICA-USA. Through
conversations with Karen Snyder, Jim Troxel and Beret, I discovered that a
‘76 Town Hall conversation was held in the Murphy Blair neighborhood of St.
Louis.

Murphy Blair is now known as Old North St. Louis and is where I have been
living and working for the last 9 or so years. Many of the challenges
outlined in the town hall documents are still relevant today, but there is
a dedicated group of residents still plugging away to make a difference.

I am curious if anyone on the list has any photos or other documents from
this event or the community policing town hall that was held at Soldan High
School that summer? I’d love to be able to share these moments in history
with my community and help get a more comprehensive picture of our past put
together.

Thank you for adding me to the list. I am enjoying learning from your work
and wisdom.

In Community,

Jessica Payne
ICA-USA Vice Chair