[Oe List ...] Nelson Stover in ICU

Nancy Trask nlt462 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:31:48 PST 2023

Dear Nelson,
I wanted to take this opportunity to recall some of the great memories I
have from being assigned in India with you & Elaine in the early 1980’s.
Unforgettable — when you programmed your laptop to be used in Hindi — I’m
still wondering how you did that!  Also I have an image in mind of you on a
bicycle with the laptop strapped on back, I don’t think I dreamed that.
And I believe there was a solar rice cooker that you had a hand in.  Not to
mention your more recent work on recycling styrofoam.

Your poetry & sermons & books & models are deep and greatly appreciated —
they are a wonderful part of your legacy, along with your inventiveness and
your drive to be in mission.  You have been a great inspiration to me.

Email says you are in ICU.  I am praying for you & Elaine, my dear friends.
With much love,
Nancy Trask

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 3:50 PM Richard Alton via OE <
oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Dear Nelson, Wow, Nelson we need your Global wisdom and your concern for
> creation care.. need you badly. Keep working on your life and the gifts it
> brings...you have been a giant in so many places and a lot of your last
> chapter needs work. Go well and know your legacy is set.
> Thanks for a life well lived and appreciated. Bless you brother.
> Dick
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 3:32 PM Lynda C via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Nelson called from the hospital a while ago to let us know that he is
>> back in….now in Intensive Care.  Then he put us onto Elaine.
>>

>> We had a lovely brief visit with them in their home this past Monday.
>>  Things took a turn the next day or so.
>>

>> Keep them in your care as they journey through this next phase of the
>> cancer.  I think they would appreciate hearing from colleagues.
>>

>> Lynda and John

> --
> Richard H. T. Alton
> ICA Global Fund
> Methodist Eco-Sustainability T/F
> T: 773.344.7172
> richard.alton at gmail.com
> Make Plain the Vision, Habakkuh 2:2
> Won't you be my neighbor?

“If you love it enough, anything will talk with you”
~George Washington Carver