[Oe List ...] Detective work in the Global Archives

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Mon Feb 20 16:23:00 PST 2023

Karen,  just back from Greensboro.  About an hour and a half visit with the Stovers and then a visit with April and her daughter Lauryn, our bonus grandchild, who recently turned 20.  She was in a crisis mode in January and hospitalized after an attempt on her life.  She is in therapy now and trying to get things moving in a new direction.   This was our first visit with her and we felt good about it, although the illness wasn’t discussed.  According to her mother, she is out of a toxic relationship and trying to get out of town away from the fellow.  Hope that works.

Nelson is not well by any means, but has 3 more chemo’s to go through.  More side effects as you can imagine.  But he’s giving it a go at this point. Still pushing to get things done.   Glad we could visit.

Just did a quick run through  (about an hour) to see if I saw anything that I thought John might have written.  I wish I had made notes as I went along.  There was one that talked about a train in India which I shared a few snippets with John but he doesn’t have any memory of that experience.  I can’t recall the topic of the summer.  Wonder if it was the summer I stayed in Indonesia working on doing an audit of the chicken business books for the USAID grant. Or the summer I did the summer E. G. camp with John Gibson?  What was the Spirit Theme of the Summer?

I did wonder how I could get these talks on to my old  I -Pad and read them one at a time at Meals.  I also looked for clues about who was assigned at places mentioned.  One talk was by a woman who was about 45 and a teacher.  I wondered about Christine Harris, since it mentioned. “Mrs. Harris” in a retort from the student who was taunting her as he  jumped on a window ledge.  Another  talk mentioned cancer at 34.

I’ll begin to look closer at them.  Wonder if they could be matched up with any recorded tapes (Paul Evans tapes for example.)and we could do voice identification ….or maybe the person recording listed the speaker.

However, what you have done is to invite people to dig into them, so I hope you get lots of feedback.  When I read some again, I will take clue notes.

Thank you so much for all you are doing.

Lynda