[Oe List ...] FW: Santa poem, Gene Marshall?

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 18:23:09 PST 2023

Add this one to the poetry collection

ON THE MYSTERY OF THE INCARNATION" BY DENISE LEVERTOV

It’s when we face for a moment
the worst our kind can do, and shudder to know
the taint in our own selves, that awe
cracks the mind’s shell and enters the heart:
not to a flower, not to a dolphin,
to no innocent form
but to this creature vainly sure
it and no other is god-like, God