[Oe List ...] Bob and Sarah Booher

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 04:50:23 PST 2023

Dear Bob and Sarah,

I am sighing. Reading Bob’s talk “Profound Humaness as Action” after the Town Meeting Campaign in 1977, he reminds us (see attachment), “In sighing we touch heavenly sorrow and become vitality.” And at the end of his talk, he says, “We have become people blessed by heavenly sorrow …  Profound Humaness. ,,,  Profound Happiness. “  And now maybe we would say Profound Being.

Thank you Bob and Sarah, for all the years you demonstrated profound action in our midst and ever since.  And for the profound beings you are in your care for family and community. I have pictures of you in my mind leading Town Meetings, Global Womens Forums and LENS.

I keep remembering the imagery of the crimson line of history that Herman Hesse introduced to us in The Journey to the East.  He opens the book with, “It was my destiny to join in a great experience. Having had the good fortune to belong to the League, I was permitted to be a participant in a unique journey.  What wonder it had…” Doesn’t that make you want to go back and read it again!?!

All of us reading these messages are a part of that crimson line and were able to meet, live together creating community and acting profoundly. We met and dispersed and continue on the crimson line journey, each carrying the spirit of being a social pioneer into our own postage stamps of responsibility.

Bob and Sarah, I deeply appreciate being with you on this journey and wish you all the best as you continue your journey in the days ahead.

Peace and love,

Karen Snyder Troxel

“Whatever the problem, community is the answer.”  Margaret Wheatley

https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/20805.pdf
20805
PDF Document · 134 KB