[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Attention: Let the Earth Breathe (choral arrangement, links/attachment)

Nancy Trask nlt462 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:57:28 PDT 2023

Dear Ellie —
I’m so glad this step has been taken with your song.  It is brilliant, both
the lyrics and the choral arrangement.  Thank you so much for sharing it
with us.  Wouldn’t it be great to have it performed in churches far & wide
on Earth Day!  Seems like a great candidate for school choruses too.
Grace & Peace (Grapes & Peas too)
Nancy Trask

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 11:45 AM Ellie Stock via Dialogue <
dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> *Subject:* Let the Earth Breathe (choral arrangement); backstory of song
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Greetings from St. Louis.  I hope you have survived the heat and storms of
> this summer.
>
> In previous years during the Earth Day season, I have emailed the music
> notation and link to audio and song video of the song "Let the Earth
> Breathe."
>
> I am now sending a recent choral arrangement of "Let the Earth Breathe"
> which was excerpted from our church's (Second Presbyterian Church, St.
> Louis) April 22 Earth Day Service that Carleton and I coordinated.  The
> song was arranged and accompanied by our Minister of Music, Spencer Smith,
> and sung by the Second PC choir.
>
> The audio recording is not a professional one, but it gives you an idea.
> Spencer improvises on the accompaniment music notation he wrote.   Tempo
> and emphases can vary, but the audio gives you an idea of what can be done.
>
> Some backstory of the song:  "Let the Earth Breathe" was originally
> written in the spring of 2012 for our local Ferguson Environmental Event
> which was also our local ICA 50th Anniversary Event.  During the event we
> planned for future environmental work in the Ferguson area, colored strips
> which were sent to the Greenrise for the collaborative mural that was
> dedicated in September of 2012.  From that meeting was birthed the Ferguson
> Eco Team that Carleton and I co-coordinate, now in its 12th year.
>
> Looking to September, some churches and groups celebrate the Season of
> Creation, beginning September 1 with the International Day of Prayer for
> Creation and ending October 4, the Feast Day of St. Francis.  So, if you
> are part of a group/choir or know of one for which this song would be
> appropriate, feel free to use or pass it along.  Or it could be used for
> Earth Day or any day.
>
> *Attached (below)*:  Let the Earth Breathe, Choral Arrangement music
> *YouTube link*:  Let the Earth Breathe, *Choral arrangement: *
> https://youtu.be/QLF0orJp42Y
>
> Stay cool, and I hope you have an enjoyable rest of your summer!
>
> Grapes and peas ~
>
> Ellie :)
> elliestock at aol.com

“If you love it enough, anything will talk with you”
~George Washington Carver