[Oe List ...] A photocopy of Joseph Mathews' graduate thesis

W. J. synergi at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 20:23:22 PDT 2022

 Geez Louise & colleagues,My fading memory is that years ago our late Saints Marge and Jean of the Archives treasured an original typed copy of JWM's dissertation that was kept in a box in the 6th floor office. Typed, no doubt, by St. Evelyn back in New Haven.They actually let me look at it!So David's precious xerox is probably copied from this original.I think the typescript is also available in a digital scan on-line.For those scholars of Joe Mathews' early works to have easy access without needing to get their hands on Louise's hard copy.Apparently JWM never got his PhD awarded after he refused to make corrections or additions to improve his work as demanded by his dissertation committee at Yale.He refused to accept scholarly criticism with proper academic humility.Plus, he refused to make Lyn type multiple copies of the whole thing again.Marshall