[Oe List ...] Responding to Ellie Stock and Frank Knutsen's call for songs

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:56:29 PDT 2022

Singing
The links below can be found in the Inner Life Collection: Rituals of the Global Archives website:   https://icaglobalarchives.org/collections/

Contextual talks have been given and papers written reflecting on the purpose of songs and singing. In January 1967 The Image periodical published Volume I <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/4638.pdf> and Volume II <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/4906.pdf> Songs of the Spirit Movement with a context in Volume I. Joseph Mathews gave two talks in June 1973 on the purpose of songs: June 10th <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/4905.pdf> and June 19th <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/5431.pdf>.

For many years each Summer Research Assembly compiled a songbook; and various other songbooks were created over the years.  Here is a sampling:
Archives Sojourn Songbook 2017 <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/20824.pdf>, compiled by Jean Long for the Human Development Celebration
ICA Related Songs <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/21538.pdf>
Local Church Experiment Songs <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/21537.pdf>
Spirit Journey Retreat 2007 <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/20601.pdf>, songs and rituals compiled by John and Lynda Cock
The Global Songbook 1983-1984 <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/21981.pdf>

Two major collections of songs compiled from various sources are now available:  485 <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/20118.pdf> songs and 788 <https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/20119.pdf> songs.

Karen
Living on the land of the Council of the Three Fires: the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi with representatives from 100 nations living in what is now called Chicago.