[Oe List ...] Remembering Dorcas Rose

carletonstock at aol.com carletonstock at aol.com
Mon May 23 09:47:55 PDT 2022

Ellie and I worked with Dorcas and husband Ken Rose in the former Rochester Region from 1969 to 1975 in the Local Church Experiment of the Institute.  We were on the staff under senior pastor Charles Taylor at the Dewey Avenue Presbyterian Church in Rochester, NY.  Ken and Dorcas went on the Rochester Region Global Odyssey in 1974 and joined us for the 30th reunion of the Odyssey in 2004.  The Roses spent their lives in Troy, NY working on church and community development and renewal.  Dorcas was an intelligent, compassionate and faithful colleague and leader with Ken in the region for many years.  She maintained her passion for the mission for as long as she lived, even in the midst of difficult health issues later in life.  We celebrate her life and mourn her passing!
Additionally, many on this list knew of Ann Taylor, wife of Charles Taylor, a long-time pastoral leader in the Spirit Movement in Rochester, NY.  Ann died on April 24th of this year in Nova Scotia where she had been living and working since Charles died in 2004.  Ann was an intelligent, thoughtful, creative, dedicated, and faithful leader with Charles in the Rochester Region.  Ellie and I worked devotedly week after week with Ann and Charles and others in the Local Church Experiment in the seventies.  It left a lasting positive impression on all our lives.
Peace in the midst of the unravelling.......Carleton StockSt. Louis, MO