[Oe List ...] gmail problems solved on the Ides of March

Timothy Wegner tim at tswegner.net
Fri Mar 18 06:08:39 PDT 2022

Dreamhost responded to my support ticket the afternoon of March 15
(the Ides of March!) and I haven't seen any issues since then, so I
will bravely say that the list problems with gmail are gone.

Google tightened up their requirements for gmail accounts to receive
mail, and our mailing list was deficient. Except for the annoyance,
consternation, and general tooth gnashing for us, this was not
necessarily a bad thing; Google's gmail changes will result in less
spam mails for gmail users. Dreamhost made a change to our
lists.wedgeblade.net domain that made our list compliant and Google
much happier (if one can speak of a mega corporation as "happy"!).

Let's not discuss this further here, but feel free to send me a
private email if you are a gmail user and have had more problems since
late on March 15th (yes there were problems earlier on that day before
the fix was implemented.) Of course you can always email me privately
on other topics as well.

I hope everyone is well. The news here is that our church has gotten
all the donations needed for a refugee family, and now the team is
busily obtaining the needed security clearances on our end, which are
required of those who will visit the family. We are waiting with bated
breath for the decision on which family will be assigned to us.

Tim