[Oe List ...] Birthday Witness

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 19:37:33 PST 2022

Hi Folks,
In the midst of being impacted by all that is going on now globally, nationally, ecologically, politically, economically, culturally, and personally, I hope you also being sustained and nurtured by the deep wells of wellness and wholeness during this Christmas season.
Below is a birthday witness, not a song, despite the title, provoked by the end-of-life sessions faciliated by Dick Alton and similar sessions during our church Sunday Forums.
Grace and peace as we enter the new possibilities of 2023.
Ellie Stockelliestock at aol.com
~~~~~~~
A BIRTHDAY WITNESS:

ONELAST SONG

             One last song as light recedes to light            One last song still falling in lovewith Life

            One last song in gratitude for birth

            One last song in gratitude for Earth

                        for Creation’s mirth andexpanding girth

Onelast song for Spirit’s rising Cry

                        forheart’s ecstasy and ebbing sigh

 So, THANKS BE for Awe-filledmisting mountain sunrise skies

For big treeforests and butterflies

For sandy sea shorelinesscattered with shells,

            sparkling and gurgling in surgingtide’s swells

For kittens and birdsongand tiny green tree froggies

            piercing my being with wide red-eyedgogglies

For brilliant fallleaves and snow-blanketed cities

For wind and rainand weather proclivities

For morning walks,sensing Nature’s delights

For eveningponderings of things out of sight

For awakening aromaof blossoming orange grove and peonies

For yummy ice creamand healing fresh fruits and veggies

For dark nightdesert skies and bold winking stars

For crescent moonand Venus kissing from afar

So . . .

            Ref

 So, THANKS BE forhomes and hearths and hearts of hope and humor and welcoming the                  guestFor close familybonds and covenant love, passionate embraces and babes at breast

For beloved friends,colleagues, and the communion of saints who gave more than their best

            living their care and dying theirdare, ashes to ashes, dust to dust

For smiles andlaughter, celebrations and commemorations giving life zest

For humblingstruggles and empowering quest

For meetings andmovement marches embodying a vision

of resilient, Earth-integritycommunities of diversity, justice, and communion

For the arts thatenliven and encourage the soul

For wisdom thatenlightens and transforms our goals

For silence andstillness that melts us into deeper and broader dimensions of self and love

For pilgrimagesthat honor countries and cultures with renewing compassion

For Beings of theWay that live with passion—that sing and dance and partner in solidarity

 with Those Who Care, with those who aresuffering

For the unconditionalWord about Life that frees us to Know, Do and Be courageously:

            Life is Good; I am Beloved; the Pastis Forgiven; and the Future is Possibility

For the Atomic and CosmicSong and Dance, Grace from particularityto eternity

For the wonder of Earth,our Common Home, our Common Origin and Destiny

For the joy andgrief of Life’s journey’s Calling from 13.8 billion years ago

Through rise andcollapse to the seventh generation, may it be so… in

             Hope beyond hoping

             Peace passing understanding

             Joy and thanksgiving unceasing and

             Love unconditioning