[Oe List ...] Celebrating the completed life of Guardian Richard Galbreath

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Tue Apr 26 10:47:11 PDT 2022

https://www.mcmillianfuneralhome.com/obits

My sister Diane and her husband Richard were instrumental in our being on the OE journey.  John was in his first assignment after seminary, in Asheville, NC’s Central UMC as associate pastor and minister of adult and youth formation.
Diane and Dick were active laypersons in the Reveille UMC in Richmond, VA and suggested our names when their church was on a  search for a minister of education.  There, John was visited by Carl Ennis and Bill Newkirk about a new course for clergy, which really excited John.  He recruited a fairly large Parish Leadership Colloquy (PLC) of fellow ministers in the area.  Jim Addington and George Holcombe were our convincing pedagogues, who were being hosted by at the home of Diane and Dick.  Shortly thereafter John recruited and we both attended the RS-I for laypersons taught by Marilyn Miller and Phil Townley.  Shortly after that (all in the space of 5 months). we had a house and car sale and headed to Chicago for an intern year. Diane and Dick stored what possessions we were not ready to part with yet in their basement.  What love is that !  (particularly since Diane was about 5 months pregnant).

During several summers, they also helped with the care of our son Johnny, and then later added Jeremiah to their summer visitors.  They were active in the set-up of the Richmond Religious House, Petersburg, VA community work and Youth Forums, LENS treks, Guardian events, and several HDP consults.

With love for our dear brother-in-law and brother-in-spirit and fellow journer and his dear wife, my sister.

What a connection!!!

Lynda and John Cock