[Oe List ...] draft of a listserv email invitation

David Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:09:29 PDT 2021

Hello friends.

Jan Sanders and I have been collaborating on creative projects for over a year now. As we transcribed Jan’s oral history into stories for her nieces and nephews we realized that we wanted to explore these experiences in greater depth and breadth with colleagues. We were surprised by the knowing and energy that appeared. Our story telling morphed into a creative publishing venture related to action research in cultural transformation.

Our first project: Rituals in the Field: Nepal—tells the story of a transformative event Jan and Richard Sims created during a Social Artistry training seminar in Dhulikhel, Nepal in 2008. This first Rituals in the Field explores the foundations and layers of experience and meaning when the methods of Social Artistry are interwoven with ICA’s Technology of Participation and the legacy of our intentional community.

When we shared this first project with ICA’s Global Research Network, one member commented, “I see that we can now self-publish our own work.”

Perhaps others will be moved to describe how their own life experience speaks into our world today. We’ve discovered that collaborating in this kind of project has been empowering, fruitful and fun. We hope that you’ll be inspired to find a partner for doing your own self-publishing related to cultural transformation.

Click here <https://indd.adobe.com/view/f88415dc-4443-4088-a9f4-33e3a8764d23> to view Rituals in the Field: Nepal in an online version that will open in your web browser. Right and left arrows allow you to flip through the pages. Click the [Cloud-Down Arrow] icon in the lower right hand corner of the Rituals in the Field web page to download the PDF version. The PDF is interactive. See the navigation note below the content links box on the cover. Enjoy and give us feedback.

Jan Sanders and David Dunn

—

"Mystery, possibility, and the power to choose"

David Dunn
740 S Alton Way 9B
Denver, CO 80247
720-314-5991