[Oe List ...] TED Talks

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Sun May 23 19:05:24 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I did some research on finding the talks that were done by Hans Growling from Sweden.  He gave many talks so I am only going to list three. I also will post the Obituary data on him as he died in 2017.

He was a genius at showing trends and how they might end up. But he also cautioned that it is very difficult to anticipate events. But those events were both positive and negative.

Positive trends are enabling the world to become Healthy, Equity, Climate Change and Peaceful coexistence. Negative ones he talks about are Speculation Stock Market falls, (Greed), War, Disease and finally Nuclear War. He leaves us more with a question than an answer.

So I thought you would like to see his progressions.

https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen#t-27216 <https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen#t-27216> 2006

https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_global_population_growth_box_by_box?language=en. 2009

https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_global_population_growth_box_by_box?language=en 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/feb/07/hans-rosling-obituary <https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/feb/07/hans-rosling-obituary>

Peace,

Jack

See you tomorrow night.

P.S. I hope the middle two links work. On m screen they are not in Blue.