[Oe List ...] Journey Reflection: Search results for George West

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Wed Jun 2 08:34:17 PDT 2021

The link below takes you to the Journey Reflection posting about George West’s book Creating Community  published in 2019, which is available on Amazon.

http://rejourney.blogspot.com/search?q=George+West

Speaking of books, as I was looking up the title on the Archive Publications page:  https://icaglobalarchives.org/resources/,
I was reminded that the Archives does not have a copy of Donna Marie’s book, What More Can We Ask For?
Please check your books to see if you have a copy that you would donate to the Archives.

During our intern year in 1969, John and I were privileged to be assigned to George and Rose’s Apt. at one of the outbuildings on Trumbull after they
were sent on some overseas assignment.  We felt so “rich” because it meant that we had a separate room for Johnny, instead of the bunkbed
room in the main building.  But more important was their loft bed with a desk underneath, with a poster of Picasso’s Blue Man on the wall.
We felt “set up” for the mission.  George and Rose played a big part in settling us into the idea of staying on longer than we had initially planned.

Some years (around 1977), John was assigned to the set-up phase of the Cano Negro HDP in Venezuela and was able to share that story with George.
He recalls the same laid-back style that we knew in Chicago was a powerful tool in enabling the participation of local people from that village.
He was a master community builder.  Read about his experiences as Dean of the Urban Academy in the Archives, under the Spirit Movement Collection.

We give thanks for this exemplary life of service to the world.