[Oe List ...] Last Chapter Sign-ups

Richard Alton richard.alton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 12:08:50 PST 2021

*The What:* We are piloting a workshop/seminar or series, that would allow
people (no matter what age) to think seriously and intentionally about
their final journey in life, their death, and make concrete decisions about
their funeral/memorial service, organ or body donation, distribution of
assets, obituary, burial/ cremation/ natural, etc.

*The Why:* Many of us who have seen our parents or children die, are
beginning to look at our own end of life decisions.  In 2019 Dick Alton had
a real-life health-related scare, followed by the unanticipated death of
his partner of 14 years, Sally Stovall, which caused him to look death in
the eyes.  He discovered that one of the issues Americans in particular
face, is a denial of death or anything to do with death.  As an
organization that has seen itself as one who brings significance to
everyday life events, we are asking the question: “What could we create
that would help everyone, no matter what age, to look at their own death,
and make the necessary end of life decisions?

*Our Ask:* The Third Cohort of the Last Chapter virtual learning community
will take place on the fourth Friday from March - June 2021. May will be
the third Friday to accommodate Labor Day plans.   All classes will be from
9 am to 1 pm central.  The Dates will be Friday, March 26th,  April 23rd,
May 21st and June 25th.

 If you would like to join this 2020 Virtual Learning Community. Please
sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXUVbbZzhhnqvm-AFS9HH8lQKGCoybtkFdm8fX4q93aQPSTg/viewform>
or
copy and paste this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXUVbbZzhhnqvm-AFS9HH8lQKGCoybtkFdm8fX4q93aQPSTg/viewform

2020  Cohorts

·      Cohort 1: Evelyn Philbrook; Larry Philbrook; Beret Griffith; Paul
Noah; Ellen Howie; Joan Knutson; Elsa Batica; Terry Bergdall; Jim Wiegel;
Lynda Cock;    Marilyn Oyler; Dharmalingam Vinasithamby; Dick Alton; Pam
Bergdall; Seva Gandhi

·      Cohort 2: Ann Jaecks; Herman Green; Nancy Lanphear; Sandra Conant;
Margaret Aiseayew; Catherine Welch; Judy Lindblad; Alan Gammel; Cheryl
Kartes; Jan Sanders; Jann McGuire; Judith Hamje; Mary D’Souza

--
Richard H. T. Alton
One Earth Film Fest ( OEFF)
richard.alton at gmail.com
**Save the Date! One Earth Film Festival 2021, March 5-14, 2021 *
http:www.oneearthfilmfestival.org

Make Plain the Vision, Habakkuh 2:2
Won't you be my neighbor?

--