[Oe List ...] grief and the New Year

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:11:49 PST 2021

Marshall,

I appreciate both your finding this and posting it. It is an attempt to put in a hierarchy a degree of complexity in how the future is created.

Here is my response to the model.

If you examine it closely you will find we did all of this over the Summers of Research. But we came at it a different way and I believe a much better one. JWM stated this in his Summer 70 talk on The Journey to the Center. It was the last talk in the series on the NRM. It is why we drew the NRM as a nine box grid with the Solitaries on the bottom and the Corporates at the top. The color code was our attempt to show how Knowing, Being and Doing interacted with each other. It had both horizontal and vertical interactions.

We showed the Being dimension as slightly indented because we knew that in the Journey to the Center one went through orbits and gaps. We used religious terms because that is the word screen we needed to grasp the Transparency of it all. It is actually a modality of being profoundly human (Profound Humanness).

When you get to the Center, words (the vehicle of the left brain) can not communicate the experience. Poetry, metaphors and the arts are necessary. That is why our singing was so powerful for us. But the objective authenticity of it was real. Any human being who came into the room and listened experienced it as well. It was objective Awe, and the experience of Transparency was as well. It was not some group "secret language”. I think a new abundance of songs will be written now that we and the whole Globe are experiencing the vast complexity of our Earth and Social interactions. Tim Caswell is doing exactly that. Please listen to his Podcast on Facebook.

I would simply add that is why we called ourselves the Spirt Movement. It is not our Movement. We just happened to discover it and participated in it. And we sang about it.

Peace,

Jack