[Oe List ...] Today’s Disgusting Display

Milan Hamilton mellowmilan2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:36:29 PST 2021

With (no) apologies to Ogden Nash for the many poems I have written based on his ‘Adventures of Isabelle’—my many ‘Adventures of Obama’ and my first ‘Adventures of Joe Biden’—I could not constrain myself today, watching the disgusting and wrenching display in our nations capital— so here is my response:

The Adventures of Joe Biden

Joe Biden spoke to an unruly mob
Who shut down the Congress while doing its job
Of confirming the election of two thousand-twenty
As Trump’s minions bleated their protests a-plenty
Our make-believe President, Rudy and Don by his side
Encouraged his minions to stand by his lies
And march down Pennsylvania, the street not the state
Where surely their welcome could prove his estate
As President-for-life and all would end well
But his fans, or fanatics, continued to swell
Their over-sized hopes for a coup of their foes
Breaking windows they entered and chaos they chose
But Joe Biden said calmly to them and their hero
Stand down and respect institutions we cherish
If we don’t stick together we surely will perish
Your hero’s revealed for the con man he is
You were promised a future—well here it is!
I’ll be your President—that’s one thing that’s written
It’s called the Constitution and it says I’ll be sittin’
FOR FOUR MORE YEARS!

                                            Milan Hamilton
                                            01 06 21

Sent from my iPhone