[Oe List ...] Updated Creed

jstanfieldica jstanfieldica at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:58:55 PST 2021

Dear John,I have been working on the online Inner Life collection of the ICA/EI global archives.One section is called Rituals.  May we put this creed or your longer onein the Contemporary section?Thank you for considering this.Jeanette Stanfield Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
-------- Original message --------From: JB Webster via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> Date: 2021-02-05  1:33 p.m.  (GMT-05:00) To: Order Ecumenical Community <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> Cc: JB Webster <plute5491 at gmail.com> Subject: [Oe List ...] Updated Creed

I've
been thinking about this for many years since since the longer
version appeared on the cover of the 2003-2004 issue of “The
Directory.” So here is my shortened and adapted version of the
Apostle's Creed based on the language of RS-1. I'm still not quite
sure about calling the intruding Event “It.”

trust in the final Mystery of all things, the giver and taker of
life, and in the intruding Event that reminds me of my unconditional
acceptance which is given in the midst of life's freedom and seizes
me in the struggle of daily living. It shatters all illusions and
thus I experience death. It gives me a vision of reality and thus I
experience rebirth. It judges my authenticity and thus is a measure
of my relationship to profound human community. I trust in the gift
of radical freedom and the history-long and worldwide presence of
pioneers in the civilizing adventure and in the eternal presence of
the final mystery. Amen

(If
anyone has lost the longer version in their archives and need it for
reference, I'll type it up and post it.) – John Webster