[Oe List ...] FW: Completed Life of Marileen Elizabeth Johnson

Gail West icataiw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:02:09 PDT 2021

Remembering the great years (early '80's) when they were at the
Marshalltown Methodist Church where Don was pastor and we were in
Lorimor/Kansas City.  A spirit-filled time in Iowa as we prepared for the
IERD and .......  It was very special to partner with Marileen.
Gail

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 2:05 AM RICHARD HOWIE via OE <
oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Oh, that smile lives on in my memory.  Such a privilege and honor to be
> in community with Marileen and Don.
> Love, Grace and Peace,
> Ellen
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Aug 26, 2021, at 10:10 PM, Lynda C via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
> wrote:
>

> Ann Johnson, daughter of Rev. Don and Marileen Johnson, has asked me to
> share with our OE community the attached obituary for her mother.
>

> Marilee and Don were part of the Local Church Experiment.  They worked in
> the LCX in Salt Lake City and were part of the Edmonton Religious House in
> Canada.  John and I met them when they were in Iowa and we were in Kansas
> City and later back in Chicago. Their teenaged daughter Mary Johnson was
> part of the Student House and later became a teacher with handicapped
> students at the time of her too early death in 1983.
>

> Don and John shared an avid interest in golf as well as the Local Church.
> Our connections rekindled when John began his writing.  Their work in local
> community has been legendary with both California politics, and
> environmental concerns.  I recall that Marileen  and Don were part of the
> Campaign Managing team for John Gibson’s run for Mayor of Indianapolis.
> Marilee’s  Christmas letters of all that she was doing with schools  (she
> also was an educator) and local actions made me dub her as one of the
> Energizer Bunnies.  Don and Marileen were married for 70 years!!!
>

> Don may be reached at 2855 Carlsbad Blvd, Unit 323 S, Carlsbad, CA.
>  92008.  Or by e-mail at jdjohn2728 at aol.com.   Memories posted here will
> be shared with Don and Ann..  (Ann’s e-mail below.)
>

> We celebrate the life and service of this family and the completed life of
> Marileen.   A memorial will be held in Sept.  We give thanks for journey
> and friendship we shared.
>

> Lynda Cock
>

> *From: *"Ann Johnson (via Google Docs)" <annjohnson0208 at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 5:04 PM
> *To: *Lynda Cock <lynda860 at outlook.com>
> *Subject: *Marileen Elizabeth Johnson
>

> <Marileen Elizabeth Johnson.pdf>

*Gail West, ICA*

*3F, No. 12, Lane 5, Tien Mou W RdTaipei, Taiwan 111Ph) 8862) 2871-3150*
email) icataiw at gmail.com
Skype) gwestica
www.icatw.com