[Oe List ...] origins of RS-1

Beret Griffith beretgriffith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:54:37 PDT 2021

A story first. When Ron and I first moved to Northfield in 2001 we met Carl
and Faye Caskey at the Northfield Methodist Church. Ron was talking with
them and I walked up (I'd never spoken with them before) and said,"Are you
familiar with the Ecumenical Institute?" Faye responded, "I played marbles
with Gene Marshall when I was a child. My family lived next door to the
Marshall's."  Both Faye and Carl graduated from Yale Divinity School.
Marshall, you may remember Carl.

A few years ago Carl asked if the ICA Global Archives would like his files
from OCU/Oklahoma A & M and Christian Faith and Life Community days. What
he had was a treasure trove of early work done 1962-1966. About 7 years ago
Paul and I brought the Caskey Collection to the archives...many boxes. Paul
and I went through the files and saved what we felt were the major
treasures. We filled a 5-drawer file cabinet with what we perceived to be
the most valuable files, e.g. the OCU RS-1 materials.  From 1963-1966 Carl
and colleagues worked on 4 versions of RS-1 and taught many courses to
college students. I believe those versions were included in the Caskey
Collection.

I'm thinking that interviewing and filming both Carl and Faye Caskey would
fill in an important piece of CF&LC and RS-1 history.

How about it Marshall?  Come to Northfield to interview and film Carl and
his wife Faye.
Beret