[Oe List ...] Tillich and . . .

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 07:08:11 PDT 2021

It would be great and instructive to detail a bit the wider history of the RS-1 course.  Apparently the 44 hours did not fall complete from heaven.  I took the course in November 25-27, 1966 and returned for RS-1 Pedagogy sometime in the spring of 1967.  By that time, there was a manual and the course was an amazingly crafted event.  Mary Laura Jones once described her earlier experience of "RS-1" as a weekend at a camp with Joe Mathews talking.  Here is Joe Slicker with 2 remembrances from the 1950's . . .
20 A Seminar at the Church Across the Street

|  |  |

|  |
20 A Seminar at the Church Across the Street

23 Joe Slicker My Masters Degree was RS 1

|  |  |

|  |
23 Joe Slicker My Masters Degree was RS 1

And another remembrance from Lois Boyd, a trip from Norman. Oklahoma to Austin, Texas one weekend -- undated.Strane Forty-Four Hours

|  |
Strane Forty-Four Hours

Then back to Joe Slicker -- 48 Joe Slicker We Saw the Rise in RS 1's Go Over the Hill

|  |  |

|  |
48 Joe Slicker We Saw the Rise in RS 1's Go Over the Hill

Jean Watts has experience going back to the Christian Faith and Life Community and might have something to add.
Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com