[Oe List ...] Native American Day; Song: :"Now I Walk in Beauty" ; prayer

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Fri Sep 25 14:49:08 PDT 2020

Hi Folks,
On some calendars, today is Native American Day, although others/months have also been designated by various groups.
Below is a link to a song based on a Navajo Prayer from the Night Chant.
Below that, a prayer to the four directions.
Peace and blessings ~
Ellie :) elliestock at aol.com

Now I Walk In Beauty (Navajo Prayer) arr. by ... - YouTube www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXI93Z6ieM Now I Walk In Beauty ... Play now; Mix - Now I Walk In Beauty ... Jane Valencia - Celtic harp & song - "I Walk In Beauty" ...

Prayer to TheFour Directions by Chief Seattle Great Spiritof Light, come to me out of the East (red) with the power of the rising sun.Let there be light in my words, let there be light on my path that I walk. Letme remember always that you give the gift of a new day. And never let me beburdened with sorrow by not starting over again. Great Spiritof Love, come to me with the power of the North (white). Make me courageouswhen the cold wind falls upon me. Give me strength and endurance for everythingthat is harsh, everything that hurts, everything that makes me squint. Let memove through life ready to take what comes from the north. GreatLife-Giving Spirit, I face the West (black), the direction of sundown. Let meremember every day that the moment will come when my sun will go down. Neverlet me forget that I must fade into you. Give me a beautiful color, give me agreat sky for setting, so that when it is my time to meet you, I can come withglory. Great Spiritof Creation, send me the warm and soothing winds from the South (yellow).Comfort me and caress me when I am tired and cold. Unfold me like the gentlebreezes that unfold the leaves on the trees. As you give to all the earth yourwarm, moving wind, give to me, so that I may grow close to you in warmth. Mandid not create the web of life, he is but a strand in it. Whatever man does tothe web, he does to himself.