[Oe List ...] Colleagues in CA, WA OR--fires?

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 16:12:56 PDT 2020

With Isobel's post, I was reminded of a song from Baptist Vacation Bible School that had the line in it "See the fire burning Lord, Somebody touched me"  And I got wondering if someone is writing some new songs that capture these days.  Then I thought of 2 old ones from the composite song book:  Pentecost Hymn and Prayer . . .
PENTECOST HYMN

Tune: There's New WorldComing

Likethe sound of heaven with the rushing of the wind

Camethe fire a‑burning and new life was given to men.

Theyoung see visions and the old dream dreams

Bornof fire, filled with power, for all men.

Tothe light from darkness, and to freedom from fear

Buildingfrom the ashes into one community

Peter,Paul, and Luther, Augustine and Benedict

Bornof fire, filled with power, for all men.

Withdespair abounding and a lack of hope around

Stillthe Spirit comes to the ones who birth the day

Givingbreath and being to the ones who give their death

Bornof fire, filled with power, for all men.

Forthe coming ages and the journey of mankind

Weclaim the promise that the fire give life to them

Decidingfreely to live on behalf of all

Bornof fire, filled with power, for all men.

PRAYER

Tune: Aravah (Hebrew)

When I see my life

ever is torn

And loved ones

violated

And my failures are daily reborn

Then sorrow with

heaven is weighted

Yet I can gladly em-brace every hour

And praise God’s

inequity

I can sing of my blessings that shower

My joy

inexpressible be.

Now here I stand

battered to and fro

The chaos within

yet surrounding

I cry out my want and

the lack that I know

And power from with-

out feel uplifting.

The weight of the world

on my shoulders I bear

I echo the

voices that cry

The path of Mankind

with my agony bent

And my God I’ll fight on

 ‘til I die.

Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com