[Oe List ...] Beyond 'Reconciling' conversations: How Black Lives Matter is changing the church

John C jpc2025 at outlook.com
Tue Sep 1 06:11:27 PDT 2020

Profound! < Jack and Marshall !
WE ARE the PEOPLE sent to EARTH…

Peace & Grace,
John & Lynda C.

From: OE <oe-bounces at lists.wedgeblade.net> on behalf of OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Date: Monday, August 31, 2020 at 12:38 PM
To: OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Cc: Jack Gilles <jackcgilles at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Oe List ...] Beyond 'Reconciling' conversations: How Black Lives Matter is changing the church

Marshall,

Your posts are always a great read and spoken with profound (and colorful!) wisdom. So first I want to thank you for what you have said. I believe, like you, we don’t have an “Answer”, but we do know in what domain the answer does lie (We were called “The People of the Question”). As our song goes; “Methods and Spirit are what we bring”. So what is “the question” we need to be focused upon, and just how could we (elders for the most part) move beyond just saying something, writing something, or leading people to historical wisdom, like we are trying to do with the Archives Research Project?

One of our Methods was to collectively do the Ritual response: "Now is the time.” We said it three times, each with a different word emphasis. We did the same with the response: WE are the People!, We ARE the People!, We are the PEOPLE! I will only speak to the first part of the ritual.

NOW is the time! Do not wait, for, "Action removes the doubt that theory can not solve.” This is not about running off and doing something. It means that one moves; which for me is about Timing. We talk about that in our 5 modes of Strategy: Intensive, Extensive, Probe, Flank and Void. Always moving, but guided by the ever-shifting situation.

Now IS the time! This means that it is always Now. Past-Present-Future are in every moment. Time measures our, and the world’s, journey. But the Eternal Now is what the Reality is.

Now is the TIME!  This means that right now there is a Destinal Moment for (how long, I do not know) when consciousness is rising, TWC are connecting, acting and learning. This is what the gift of Rob Work’s term "Movements of Movements”(MOM) points too. Everywhere, there is a quickening, a connecting and a discovery of responding to a Turn that has been happening, but now is announcing there is no “return to a new normal” or final answers. But mobilizing all these diverse, and focused movements is not the way to go (go ahead and build coalitions) but also going Down, deeper, until the Transparency of all authentic responses is seen. Tough job!! I experience this most profoundly in the BLM Movement.

Finally, I just want to inform and witness to my personal response to the above. Each of us is on the same Journey, but not the same Path. So my response is just that; my response. I try and live with being a Person of the Question. I listen more (new capacity!!) and give advice less (second new capacity). I have no idea of what anyone should “do”, but I warn them all, “Speak with your Interior Council and listen for the response. If they tell you what “to do”, pay them no mind. Ask them what question I should be addressing?"

!. Living in the Awe-full world. Each day, each encounter, each situation I experience the Awe. I have moved from Visits to the Other World, to being a Citizen of the Other World. (See JWM’s talk in Vol. I of Bending History on the NRM and the gaps. I have moved from the Outer Circle to the Middle Circle.This is the real Vocational discovery.

2. Being on the Archives Research Team (And what a glorious Team it is!!). I believe the People we can best serve and enable are the MOM’s Rob Work speaks of. The key is creating the window for them to enter. It must resonate with their sense of being in a Truning Point of History, with an urgency to respond to a “never return” awareness. I believe this needs to be more bold then subtle, but again, the Question, not the Answer.

3. I am writing a Guide regarding the Journey. Title: The Flame With No Name: The Disciplines of Profound Humanness. This is being built from integrating my personal Journey with two profound mentors perennial wisdom: JWM and Bob Campbell.

4. I have decided to throw my one life, all my resources and all my talents into bringing into being, into Form, what I sense is being called for. Our Team is calling this place, near my home in Litibu, The Wayside Inn. This Call, came to me suddenly, waking one morning in January with a clear message: "Buy and build the place and space you have known about.” As Bill Cosby said: “R-i-g-h-t. What’s a Wayside Inn??” Or maybe you prefer Fields of Dreams, “If you build it they will come.”

So I will just close with with what I remember (paraphrase) being said by JWM in 1976 when speaking of the Third Campaign (a pinwheel swirl). “The day after tomorrow we will being doing only one thing; The Third Campaign; Caring for the awakened and engaged ones of the world.” The Wayside Inn gate archway will have on it "The Wayside Inn", along with the Spanish phrase underneath: "Posada de Camino Refugio por Vida” (Shelter for Life), with a steel flame lamp in the opening of the gate.   And some just may see: The Way Side In.

Peace,

Jack