[Oe List ...] Celebration of Life of Roxana Harper

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:49:16 PDT 2020

Dear Geoffreys,Elena and Stuart,

My heart is hurting by this news. What a woman!! Maybe a story of the Maliwada days will be welcomed.

Roxana (Roxxy!) was the bookkeeper for the HDP. Stipend money was always in short supply. Gordon had his pipes and tobacco, but Roxane had her hamburgers! There was a place in Aurangabad that made a delicious one and you could find her sitting there with that and some fries. Every so often the temptation would hit me as well and I could always find her there to share a meal together. A bit of “home” in the no-where of Maliwada.

She also only bought one train ticket that she would flash to the TC (Ticket Collector) when they did their occasional passenger checks for ticketless travelers. She always said, “No, don’t punch it, I need to transfer at Manmad to catch the train to Aurangabad.”. It was a late night train and always crowded so no TC’s were on that train, especially in the Ladies Only Car.

She has joined Gordon and the rest of us “Blues”, who are waiting for us.

Peace and Love,

Jack