[Oe List ...] Update of ICA Social Research Virtual Gathering

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 06:41:04 PDT 2020

In one week - Sunday, May 10 - we gather virtually. Celebrate with us:
	* a new name (ICA Social Research Center),
	* a new website, and
	* an organization of the files into nine collections giving form to the wisdom and constructs of our 60-year heritage.

A new name.  Do you remember when you were first involved in Institute research? Was it in 5th City when research was focused on taking 5th City to the world? Or was it in a Global Research Assembly where we shared our learnings? Wherever it was, what you learned about being a researcher has probably followed you ever since. Now as you hear the news you may find yourself analyzing what is going on and asking such questions as, “What does the world need now? What are positive trends I can act on to help them become a reality?” The reality of continuing to be researchers and engaging others is behind our new name.

A new website:  https://icaglobalarchives.org <https://icaglobalarchives.org/>.  The website feels a bit like the tip of an iceberg. Although we have spent years organizing files and now have put many of them on the website to share with the world, we wonder:
·       What is happening to the world in 2020 and what clues do we have of what is needed?
·       What have we learned from our past experiences that could be a resource to the trends and challenges we are facing today?
·       How can the website better serve to highlight people and projects of like-mind today and be a dialogue with our own learnings past and present?
These questions point to the intents we have for our virtual gathering. First we intend to dialogue together articulating life experiences and encounters with challenges like climate change and the virus. Finally we seek to identify any clues of how our past could be a resource to the future. That is it. Two things: analyzing the present reality and bringing past wisdom into the conversation.

The collections. We plan to do this thru focused conversations related to each collection. Each collection will be taped and have recorded notes to share with further working groups. The dialogues will result in touching our hearts, creating new perspectives and identifying possible action steps. The documentation will be shared with colleagues in Asia who will participate in a follow-up conference this summer.

We look forward to seeing you virtually for one or more of these conversations. Join us Sunday for a context on the next three days - or for any one (or more) of the conversations in the next three days.

We are all aware of the power of the corporate mind to tackle the seemingly impossible to make it possible. If this intrigues you, read the attachment for steps to register.

These are the times. We are among the sensitive and responsive people of 2020.

Peace, The Social Research Center Team
Lynda Cock, Doug Druckenmiller, Steve Ediger, Jack Gilles, Beret Griffith, Mary Laura Jones, Frank Knutson, Paul Noah, Wendell Refior, Oliveann Slotta, Karen Snyder, Jeanette Stanfield, Nelson Stover, Tim Wegner, Jim Wiegel