[Oe List ...] KINDLING THE LIFE QUALITY

Joyce Bonafield bonafieldcohort26 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:24:11 PDT 2020

Thanks for this -- it's inspiring.  Right now I find myself practicing
"Acting Opposite" (a skill from DBT training for therapists).  Someone's
yelling, taking a lot of oxygen out of the room in a public place, and I
might go up to him/her and talk in a very calm, soothing voice, offering a
greeting, but not reacting to their behavior...often a bit shocking to the
person.  Or if someone verbally attacks you or is just plain rude, you act
just the opposite (the way you'd like to see them be)...again, often
startling to this person, since they are likely used to, and expect a
like-response...and you refuse to be anything but kind and interested in
them.

--Joyce Bonafield-Pierce
bonafieldcohort26 at gmail.com
   Minneapolis