[Oe List ...] Molly Clements

John Ballard ballardica at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:56:37 PST 2020

Oh, I'm sad today. I've learned that Molly Clements is no longer in the
world I'm in.  An angel here on earth was Molly.  I am so very grateful she
was in my life.

We met in the In-kind Office in Management Centrum in the Kemper Building
probably about 1978.  She had just come back from India and was probably
carrying the effects of illness which she never talked about.  I had been in
in-kind for several years and was glad to have a new team member to help.
The joy of it was she became a dear friend, a colleague is the truest sense
of the word.  I got to know her beautiful children and her amazing husband.
Each and every one of them was truly a gift.  Molly was quiet but as solid
as a rock.  She was thoughtful yet forward thinking.  Always caring about
the other.

We stood on the shoulders of Molly and Jesse when we were assigned to Nam
Wai, Hong Kong.  Their significant work in Hong Kong  was legendary by the
time we arrived in Nam Wai in 1980.  Dear Father Harold Naylor of Wah Yan
College became our friend due to Molly and Jesse.  He was a dear friend and
pastor to the staff in Nam Wai.  When it was time for our son, Chris, to
join the Student House in Kemper in 1983, we asked Molly and Jesse to be his
local parents.  They graciously said yes.  Of course, Jesse took him
fishing.

I am thankful for Molly's great gifts of spirit and love.  She was a model
of what our Order was all about.

Peace be with you.

Louise for the Ballard Family