[Oe List ...] Molly Clements obituary

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:51:32 PST 2020

So many colleagues have touched my life on my journey. Molly and Jessie did so when I was first assigned to the Bombay House in India in 1977. It was just the “dark continent” to me. I soon became aware of their spirit and how it just flowed out of them. I called them the King and Queen of Sankli Street! Of course it was always hot, and the night belonged to the bedbugs!. They were thin, but so was just about everybody else. Mother Theresa’s Ashram was just down the street, and the Methodist guest house was at the end of the street. As I got to know them and see their passion and sweat, it was the joy they exuded that always caught me off guard. They were just “home”. They could spend the rest of their lives there. You knew that wherever they landed, a pair of lovers of service walked off the plane.

Thank you both for showing me, and everyone else, that life there, life anywhere, was just joy, bottomless joy.

Journey On, Journey On, my dear Colleagues.

Peace,

Jack