[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Lift Every Voice

Timothy Wegner tim at tswegner.net
Tue Jun 23 12:04:59 PDT 2020

Thanks for the feedback, Ellie! Our church has a connection to the video
because one of our members, Ryan McKinny, is a world-class operatic
baritone. He is not singing in the "Lift Every Voice" video because he is
white, but he put the ensemble together. He is an absolute wizard at doing
that sort of thing; synchronizing singing on video platforms is very
challenging.He has a lot on youtube (search for "ryan mckinny
#keepthemusicgoing" on youtube)

One person in our church received the video at work, and listened
transfixed, and was moved to tears. The anthem is always moving, but this
particular arrangement is particularly outstanding. The context of the
current moment of acknowledging the murders of African Americans adds to
the intensity. Finally, seeing a large chorus of socially distanced African
Americans singing so wonderfully is an experience.

Tim