[Oe List ...] On Living the Abundant Life

Dawn Collins collinsdawn747 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 09:01:12 PDT 2020

Dear Doris,
I hope you are well and comfortably situated in your present abode. May you find some degree of solace in knowing you and Charles have a very special place in the hearts of your family, friends, and colleagues. Remembrances of Charles's  Memorial abound far and wide as we create new modes of celebration.
In the midst of the events and complexities inherently engulfing us in this our season, we look for an anchor and turn to the Word that will meet us at any given moment we seek to encounter the unknown. We pause in the awareness that we are known by the Mystery that holds the key to the future and will sustain us in it.
As we wait on the Lord to pay a visit to us in our own particular time and space, we turn to tradition to help us recapture remembrances and revelations from the past. Oh, we may have thought we had life all figured out in a brief moment of mercy and grace, yet we soon encounter a significant event of personal or worldwide consequence. Or maybe we drift away into a litany of inconsequential events and live for those daily bouts of busyness where the Land, River, Mountain, and Sea that JWM discovered arrives impacting our five senses. And I have experienced that many times now; yet it won't be forced. Living a life filled with heart-talk sustained by the Holy Spirit's guide to a fairly constant conversation with the Deity is a path I've found to be trustworthy. Praying incessantly is possible even when we have difficulties and struggle with prayer.
Miracles also happen in the Other World and we tell the awe-filled news to all who would listen. I've worn glasses for extreme nearsightedness from age 12 to 78. I left my glasses in the apartment by mistake one day in February 2019 to catch a ride to the post office with a neighbor, and on entering the car I looked across the street, lo and behold, I could read the signs and see everything clearly!! Yet it didn't cure my dry eyes. (So I wouldn't get a big head about it).
I shared my miracle witness with my Evangelical House Church that I will attend when our hiatus is over. The congregants were amazed for a moment it seemed at my witness--yet they don't treat me any differently, thank God for that.  Our service is really a Bible Study and we have communion once a month for about a dozen diverse folks (more on holidays) in a fairly spacious bungalow near City Park in Denver. The repast afterward is a pot luck feast. Pastor Duell's wife is usually quite adept at preparing an entree. They have two adopted daughters of color in their large family. All their children are grown now and sometimes attend service with us. I think I contribute to our church leaning toward becoming more progressive in a good way (using second teacher skills) as we reflect deeply on sharing our insights into the Scriptures.
Knowing you and Charles, Doris has expanded my universe and deepened my spirit journey over the past decades. And both of you have a welcome seat on my Meditative Council. The guidance of the Holy Spirit is real, alive, and well in the hearts and minds of those who love God and are the called according to God's purpose.
Kindfully yours,
dawn collins(formally Lingo)

We love the Final Reality because the Final Reality loved us first.- 1 John 4:19