[Oe List ...] To zgeorge Holcombe

Milan Hamilton mellowmilan2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 19:14:34 PDT 2020

Sent to Wanda:

George, you won’t remember this but you were my first exposure to EI (after Mathews) when you and David McClesky came to Lincoln, Nebraska in November of 1967 to teach a Parish Ministers Colloquy (later called Parish Leadership Colloquy). I remember you introduced yourself as a “radical, fanatical churchman of the 20th century.” That course, of course, was what began my own vocational journey’s radical shift. The last time we were in the same room was when I was in your home in Dallas with the Slickers and Gene Marshall and a couple others when I was attempting to bring FOOD FOR ALL to Texas. Linda and I have continued to follow your work and want to add our voices to the chorus of those colleagues and friends who want to celebrate with you a life well lived and a journey of profound humanness, the fulfillment of that statement you made at that PMC in 1967. You never wavered but rather transcended it. We hope you can hear as you transition the “well done, good and faithful servant” or whatever the expression of completion that says the same. I’m glad we met George! Milan (and Linda who remembers you from Kemper days adds her voice as well!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone