[Oe List ...] Sally Fenton

Wendell Refior wendellrefior at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:37:16 PDT 2020

Colleagues -
   We in the ICA Global Archives Advisory Council rejoiced then and still
celebrate the many faithful hours, days and years that Sally worked on the
Archives and prodding us each year, or even quarterly to report the hours
of volunteer labor and material costs of building the Archives file system
and eventually a cataloging category list, later documented in an
electronic database. Sally worked with a calm and peace that defied
explanation and impressed us all.
   Thanks Sally for all you gave to us so generously.
To All:
  This poem from a Krista Tippett, On Being episode on Ambiguous Loss,
interviewing Pauline Boss,  The poem was written by the widow of a
celebrated technology pioneer who sailed off one day from the Pacific coast
and never returned.
Wendell

Donna Carnes wrote “Walk On.”
“You walk on
Still beside me,
Eyes shadowed in dusk;
You’re the
Lingering question
 At each day’s end.
 I have to laugh
At how
Open-ended you remain—
Still with me
After all these years
Of being lost.
 I carry you like
 My own personal
Time Machine,
As I put on my lipstick, smile,
And head out to
The party.”

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 9:22 AM Frank Knutson via OE <
oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Sally Fenton died Friday, July 17 in Chicago surrounded by family. Sally
> was a member of the Friendship UMC cadre in Cincinnati before she and Jim
> joined the Order in 1971. In later years she became a founding member of
> the Archives Project and anchored the project with Marg Philbrook and Jean
> Long as part of the Chicago troika. You can contact daughters Katherine
> Scharko at: kscharko at aol.com or Jamie Fenton at: JAMIE at FENTONIA.COM.
>
> Frank Knutson
>

> ...We join with Earth and each other
>      to celebrate the seas,
>      to rejoice in the sunlight,
>      to sing the song of the stars.
>     We join with Earth and each other
>      to recreate the human community,
>      to promote justice and peace,
>      to remember our children of the Earth.
>      We join together as many unique,
>      diverse and connected expressions
>      of one loving Mystery: for the healing
>      of the Earth and the renewal of all life. *

Thanks until later. "To believe what is true for you in your private heart
is true for <everyone> -- that is genius." - Emerson in "Self-Reliance"
Wendell