[Oe List ...] ICA Social Research Center Spring 2020 Sojourn Report & Invitation to Engage

Paula Philbrook paula.philbrook at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:00:31 PDT 2020

Lynda,
The workshop process in your papers is quite thorough and enlightening.
It could also be a research process in itself, if the completed
thinking could be pulled together via a web survey or similar tool.
 I added Doug and Wendel to this return because they might know how it
could be done.

Paula

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:26 PM Lynda C via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
wrote:

> July 2020
>

> Colleagues,
>

> In the wake of the social inequality protests, violence and civil unrest,
> the climate crisis, and the virus pandemic, caring organizations everywhere
> are seeking effective direction which can be used to shape the New Normal.
> We invite you to join with the ICA Social Research Center’s work on making
> the Global Archives inviting and available as a research tool for reshaping
> organizations and communities.
>

> This interactive report  ICA Social Research Center Spring 2020 Sojourn
> Report
> <http://globalbuzz.icai-archives.org/pdf2/Spring%20Sojourn%202020%20Report%20Final%20proof..pdf> of
> the May virtual gathering is divided into Nine Research Arenas or
> Collections. Read the insights for each collection articulated by the 102
> persons who participated in the event.
>

> Select one collection to focus on: view its video and explore its
> collection more deeply.  Note that the icon on each page will take you
> directly into that Collection on the website. Then give us your feedback:
>
> -         What about the collection catches your attention?
>
> -         What words, phrases or visuals made you want to look deeper?
>
> -         What needs to be clarified?  Added?  Reworked?
>
> -         How would you be willing to assist in this endeavor?
>

> You are invited to engage with our team to enhance and expand this work.
>

> ○       Do you have archive files that would be helpful to add to the
> website? If so, please make a PDF copy and e-mail to:  ICA Social Research
> Center at globalarchives at ica-usa.org.
>

> ○       What stories could you write to share on the website built on the
> wisdom of past work? (for examples see Human Development: Majuro for Lee
> and Leah Early stories; see Institute Foundations for Hilde Betonte
> stories; see Imaginal Education: Elementary for Jann McGuire story).
>

> ○       If you are willing to assist enhancing the website pages, contact
> the related Collection Guide (see names and e-mail addresses at the end of
> the report).
>
> ○       Invite other people you know to explore the treasure trove of
> wisdom in these collections for their arenas of engagement in building a
> better society.
>

> ○       Help the work that Marge Philbrook and many others have initiated
> by making a contribution to the Archives Fund in memory of Marge or other
> departed archive angels or pledge a monthly gift:
> https://www.ica-usa.org/donate.html
>

> On behalf of the the ICA Social Research Center Team,
>
> Lynda Cock USA

Paula

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in
harmony.
    Mahatma Gandhi