[Oe List ...] Fwd: Marianna

Nancy Trask nlt462 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:57:13 PDT 2020

Sharing my message to Marianna.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nancy Trask <nlt462 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 2:52 PM
Subject: Marianna
To: <Tricia.bailey813 at gmail.com>

Dear Marianna,
>From Nancy Trask.... I spent my first 4 years in the Order with you and
Bill in the OKC Religious House, I was in my 20s at the time.  You were
quite a contradiction in terms - both the elegant and graceful lady of the
house and also the amazing program strategist, all wrapped up in one ball
of energy.  You delighted us all with your cooking - I remember especially
the whole salmon served on Easter morning, and the orange sweet potatoes
served in the 1/2 orange rinds on Thanksgiving. So very yummy!

Barbara Garrison and I entertained you all with our duet piano version of
The Hallelujah Chorus.  In fact, that baby grand piano had  a role in
attracting me into the religious house!

Town Meeting 76 and the Oklahoma 100 were just amazing programs.  We had a
series of tornado warnings on Thursday evenings, so we all headed for the
basement — we had tables set up down there so we could continue our
facilitation pedagogy.  I would never have thought myself capable of the
Story Song Symbol workshop, but never failed to produce a story, song &
symbol!  Marianna, you always managed to be a “possibility” thinker.

You and Bill were a demonstration of family solidarity, and that spoke to
all of us in the House of how to treat each other as team-members.  You
both set the right context to allow so many of us to bloom.

I’m thinking of OKC colleagues, Leah, Robert Heard, Richard Sims, Bob and
Muriel Griffin, Karen Kivimaki, Tom Whitsett, Orra & Doris Compton, Mr.
Taylor from Central City 5, and many more.  We really had fun working to
refresh Stiles Circle.

Thank you for your help in journeying me into the Order.  It has been a
huge theme in my life.

I wish you the comfort and peace of the Final Mystery at this time of
transition,
Grace and peace and love,
Nancy Trask