[Oe List ...] Black Academy

Dawn Collins collinsdawn747 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 10:20:04 PDT 2020

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 10:49:39 AM MDT, Jack Gilles via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

Dear Jack,

Appreciate your memories. Jack. I've come of the opinion lately that most of our training vehicles were years ahead of their time. Do you get that feeling?? And the pedagogues who made up the EI staff were absolutely first-rate. No gaps in their sharing their gifts to any and all participants who were genuinely open to receiving the groundbreaking message within the tools and methods of engaged community-building leadership.

The fact that anyone with a brain could perceive that structures in place at that time were actually hurting the marginalized was of little consequence to the largely unawakened dominant culture in our society. In a similar manner, the wound festers to this day.

We are sitting on a storehouse of wisdom in the Global Archives-Chicago and are in an unforgettable placement in History to alleviate social suffering and get the Word out more expansively and deeper than other present forces that just scratch the surface without networking of that sliver of the populace open to being the change called for in the here and now on behalf of a glorious future full of possibility and promise.

The legacy of George West and others who responded to the Call was and is a seminal feat of honor and dignity in caring for the peoples of the planet enabling them to delve in the deeps and stand up and be accountable for becoming saviors of God and the world he gave us to recreate in his image.

My best to you and your group of dedicated movemental engagement in bending the arc of History toward the good on behalf of all.

Kindfully yours,

dawn

We love the Final Reality because the Final Reality first loved us.
-1 John 4:19

Dawn,

I thought you would like to hear a response to your experience of the BA. We held one in Cleveland as well. The Metro Cadre recruited it as we had some great black women and a few men in it. They invited other church people, but the group that signed up included others, a total of around 50. As Larry Ward got up and started, a man stood up, and slowly walked out. Then as he began again another. This happened four times. I and another white person were sitting in the back as observers. I caught a “raised eyebrow” signal from the second teacher and we two got up quietly and left. We listened and watched for either an explosion of noise from within or others coming out. No more left and it proceeded.

You might like to know I told George West of your mentioning him. He is very weak and feeble now and has people spend the night with him and a person who comes and cooks/cleans for him during the day. He can no longer get himself up from bed and has fallen at least four times. Each time he fell he was able to “buzz” me via phone from a dialer hanging around his neck. We now have a person who is there on Sunday’s when he had nobody present during the day.

But he smiled and recalled you very well. I told him I would write you and let you know that you touched someone and brought a tender memory to his mind.

Peace,

Jack