[Oe List ...] Summer '71 - another story

Janet Sanders janetasanders at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:05:50 PDT 2020

Dear All, Thank you for this reflection.  It spurred me to write a few of my own.

Part 1: I was in Camden, New Jersey the summer of '71 hosting young men who wanted to head to Canada.  My new neighbors, Larry and Bev Swift had just come from Chicago and were hosting me for dinner one evening. We were all part of the Haddenfield United Methodist inner city program.  In the middle of the dinning room table was 1/2 a banana and broken glass. A  filigree/laced bowl was placed over all the pieces.  When I stared at the centre piece and asked what was happening here, they responded by asking what did I see?....that started my journey with Imaginal Education followed by RSI .

2nd part....Several months later, I met the social processes at a regional meeting in the Philadelpha House.  Joe Crocker was giving a presentation on the social dynamics which were largely displayed behind him.  Towards the end he pounded the triangles and proclaimed, "if you want to change history, this is were you have to live--not head off to the mountains of Vermont.  (Did he know this is what I was contemplating?)
By the end of the session, I had decided to quit my teaching job and head to the Spring Academy.  By the time I arrived at Summer '72, the social processes were a given and we were exploring the pressure and whistle points.  I waltz during the 'great ball' and made a personal committment for 20 years--72-92 to bringing into being the New Social Vehicle and the New Religious Mode.

See you on the virtual stage in May.  Jan Sanders

Janet A. Sanders