[Oe List ...] Remember Tim Caswell?

Jann McGuire jannmcguire at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:46:01 PDT 2020

Thank you, Jim. Love both the poem and its rendition. Thank you Tim.

Hokusai's Wave in the background strikes me. I have a precious little book
from Japan with 24 prints of of the views of Mt. Fuji and a poem for each
one.  The poems are by by Easley Stephen Jones, a young officer of the
American Red Cross stationed in Tokyo in the 1920 -21.. He bought a
souvenir booklet of Hokusai's *36 Views of Mt. Fuji*.(The prints had first
come out in the 1820's.) Professor Jones wrote poems to go with the
different prints. Here is "Wave and Shroud":
"Into the restless deep
The ghostly barges creep.
   Who are they?
   Lashed with the spray,