[Oe List ...] RS-1 Friday night conversation

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 19:38:03 PDT 2019

Randy,

So many of our courses did the image shift, at least for me. I remember taking CS-I on the near west side (NW Side) of Cleveland. R. Fishel and D. Scott came and did it. I remember greeting them at a bar in their motorcycle boots and black berets with wedgeblade pins! I never expected clergy to be dressed like that! But in was in the section on the Urban Revolution that they had us just walk the neighborhood. I saw things, heard things and felt things I had never noticed before. It was a magical experience, and we had two pastors who became part of the first galaxy in churches there, Jack & Jane Sherlough (sp?) and  Jerry & Marty Lapka. Later the very large body of folks who made up the Cleveland Metro Cadres wrote a song to This Land is Your Land about the Cleveland Metro. A fire was lit that has never dimmed in so many of us.

I’ll let Jim give his responses to RS-I, but wanted to share my image shifting experience.

Jack