[Oe List ...] Layers and Lenses of Biblical Interpretation

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 01:19:13 PDT 2019

Your diagram, Marshall, reiterates a lot of what we meant by image and imaginal education back at the Ecumenical Institute.  I also  remember something from the EI (I think) that the scripture interprets you, not the other way -- or maybe it was a study short course about first grasping the address on your life and then speaking back.  I found a paper a couple of years ago by a Missouri Synod pastor on helping with (and causing ) "Epistemological Crises" in the congregation.
Then there was the NT reading from Sunday morning:  Phillips translation -- Luke 12:54-57 - Then he said to the crowds, "When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once that it is going to rain, and so it does. And when you feel the south wind blowing, you say that it is going to be hot, and so it is. You frauds! You know how to interpret the look of the earth and the sky. Why can't you interpret the meaning of the times in which you live?" . . .  "And why can't you decide for yourselves what is right?

Jim Wiegel

“That which consumes me is not man, nor the earth, nor the heavens, but the flame which consumes man, earth, and sky."  Nikos Kazantzakis

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

www.partnersinparticipation.com