[Oe List ...] Fwd: Sally -- sometimes the Archives are helpful . . .

Lynda C Lynda860 at outlook.com
Wed May 22 10:20:11 PDT 2019

Jim, so beautifully expressed.  Thank you on behalf of all of us who are struggling with this one taken so soon.
Thank you for the Archives!   Lynda

From: OE <oe-bounces at lists.wedgeblade.net> on behalf of OE List <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 9:34 AM
To: "ica-dialogue at igc.topica.com" <ica-dialogue at igc.topica.com>, OE List <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Cc: Jim and Judy Wiegel <jfwiegel at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Oe List ...] Fwd: Sally -- sometimes the Archives are helpful . . .

News of Sally's death drew me to Global Archive resource # 9759 published in January of 1967<https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/9759.pdf>.

Donna McCleskey (LaDona Wagner) wrote:

"The new woman--what does she look like?  Strangely enough, she doesn't look like anybody.  We are never again going to be able to have one figure who holds for us what it means to be a woman.  ...  All kinds of new images are coming, but no single encompassing image.  This is part of the complexity of the 20th century. ...  If you want to know what the new woman looks like, just turn and look.  She is seated right beside you.  She is already here."

For me, Sally, like so many on this list, lived the journey and challenge of "The New Woman" that has so deeply affected our planet and energized our lives over the last 3/4 of a century.  I am more than grateful.

Celebrate and memorialize her life on Saturday.  Sing loud songs from full and broken hearts,  Eat together, flavorful and nutritious foods.  Remember Sally well.

Jim Wiegel<http://partnersinparticipation.com/?page_id=123>

“That which consumes me is not man, nor the earth, nor the heavens, but the flame which consumes man, earth, and sky."  Nikos Kazantzakis

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353

623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com<mailto:marilyn.oyler at gmail.com>

www.partnersinparticipation.com<http://www.partnersinparticipation.com/>