[Oe List ...] CALL TO ALL 10 29 2018

Linda and Milan Hamilton lindaandmilan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:36:50 PDT 2018

CALL TO ALL 10 29 2018
How to respond to the events of the past week?! I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood in North Minneapolis in the ‘40s. I delivered newspapers to my neighbors and saw the tattoos on the arms of some of the lucky ones. Some of my lifelong friends are from that neighborhood, even though we do not keep in close touch today. We are only eight days from an election which could make a start in reigning in the outlandish rhetoric and behavior now “reigning” in our nation’s capitol and scattered throughout our land. I have decided to choose three women candidates each of the next eight days in hopes that we can make such a start. Here  below are my first three, who may be “underdogs” but could be elected if enough of us wake up in time.

N.C. 5TH DISTRICT
Denise D. "DD" Adams (D)
Winston-Salem council member
She faces a female opponent in the general election.
Denise D. Adams (DD) is a native of Winston-Salem and a passionate servant of  the community. DD has served as Council Member for the North Ward of Winston-Salem since 2009, and is currently serving as Vice Chair of the Finance Committee and the Community Development/Housing/General Government Committee.

TEX. 12TH DISTRICT
Vanessa M. Adia (D)
Science teacher
Adia is a first-time candidate. She faces a female opponent in the general election.
Vanessa has been a leader and change maker from a young age. She came to Tarrant County in 1998 to attend Texas Christian University, where she studied religion and philosophy. During that time, she served as director of youth ministry at WestWind Church in Keller, TX. Her work with the youth in monthly service projects led her to pursue a masters of science in social work with a focus in non-profit management.

MICH. 3RD DISTRICT
Cathy Albro (D)
Teacher and small-business owner
Albro will face Rep. Justin Amash (R) in the general election.
Albro is a first-time candidate. She faces a male opponent in the general election.
Cathy is a gifted teacher, successful small-business owner, and grandmother. As a 37-year resident of Michigan’s 3rd District, Cathy has made it her life’s work to fight for the health and education of our nation’s children.

Sent from my iPad