[Oe List ...] Austin ICA Brainstorm

George Holcombe geowanda1 at me.com
Wed Oct 17 08:24:06 PDT 2018

Thanks to those who responded both off and on the list serve to my email. I am hopeful that more of us could/would share what we’re about. Our monthly “Ecclesiola” in Austin has been a most helpful work in centering us and focusing us on our lives and work. Joe once said to those who wished to depart the order that you’d do the same thing we’re doing here, and I think he was right.  I’m especially appreciative of the work of the Cocks daily journey, which helps start my day as well as the work of the Sands, Wards, Marshalls and so many others.

A long time ago each religious house sent in a weekly report by mail (before internet).  I don’t know how much we read it (don’t remember getting the summaries), but preparing it was helpful. The work that everyone is up to is encouraging to know.

I support the work on the archives, however I don’t think we’re finished and much more to contribute in this Phase 4.

The McCabes had a great program for us this month, which featured a video of a speech by Fr. Gregory Boyle.  The conversation helped us focus in on what we’ve done and are doing for the poor and those on the margins. I recommend it.

Best wishes on your mission.

George Holcombe
geowanda1 at me.com

"Whatever the problem, community is the answer.  There is no power greater than a community discovering what it cares about."  Margaret Wheatley